BOTOX Cosmetic vs. Dermal Fillers
When you come to our comfortable Northern Virginia office to discuss nonsurgical facial rejuvenation treatments, Dr. Daira Hamrah will provide you with options targeted to meet your specific needs. Options offered at our office include botulinum toxin type A injections such as BOTOX Cosmetic and Dysport as well as a number of facial fillers including Perlane , Restylane , Juvederm , Radiesse , and Elevess. The treatment most suited to address your concerns is best determined by our experienced facial cosmetic surgeon.
There are a number of differences between BOTOX Cosmetic and dermal fillers.
BOTOX Cosmetic injections:
- Contain botulinum toxin type A
- Work by disrupting nerve signals that cause muscle contractions
- Take around ten minutes to perform
- Produce results for up to four months
Dermal filler injections:
- Contain diverse ingredients such as calcium spheres or hyaluronic acid depending on the brand
- Work by restoring lost moisture or encouraging collagen growth
- Take up to one hour to perform
- Produce results that last from six to over 12 months depending on brand and content
Both types of injections can eliminate the appearance of fine lines, deep wrinkles and creases from several areas of the face. Dermal fillers are better able to provide a fuller and softer appearance and are best when wrinkles are combined with a loss of elasticity or a hollowing out of the skin.
No two faces are the same, making no single product best for every patient. During your initial consultation with Dr. Hamrah, your skin will be fully assessed to enable us to provide you with the best solution for you.
If you live in or around Northern Virginia, Maryland, or Washington, D.C., and would like more information about your nonsurgical facial rejuvenation options, please contact Nova Surgicare, PC to schedule an initial consultation today.